We’ve all been there. You regularly post to TikTok, but instead of getting the views and likes you were hoping for, it flops. What could you be doing wrong? Don’t worry, you’re not alone!
With millions of influencers and creators competing for attention, it can be difficult to stand out from the crowd. However, there are a few things you can do to increase your chances of being seen.
We’re going to go over some of the reasons why you may not be being seen on the app, as well as what to do to fix that! Stay tuned!
Why are my videos on TikTok not getting views?
There are many reasons you may not be getting views on TikTok, but we wanted to name a few common ones below:
- Your video is in review: Due to the high demand of users, TikTok implemented a verification system to verify that your publication has appropriate content. This verification could take a bit longer than usual if you have a particularly elaborate video.
- Low video quality: The casual feel of TikTok is what many users love, but having visually pleasing videos to upload is still important. We recommend that your videos maintain proper lighting and focus. Try to light your content properly. Don’t upload blurry or grainy videos.
- Your account is banned: If you consistently violate the rules highlighted in the terms and conditions, your account may be suspended. If you have never read the app's Terms of Service, you can do so here.
- Copyrighted content: TikTok does its best to push original content. As with anything, stay clear of posting content that contains a copyright violation.
- You used restricted words: The platform has certain topics that you should not use in your descriptions. A good rule of thumb is to stay away from using words that could be seen as sensitive or offensive to young audiences.
Remember, this is a partial list of why you may be getting low views on your TikTok content. But now that we have some causes for low views, let's look at practical steps to reach our goal of high views.
How to increase TikTok Views
Generally speaking, your position will depend on your video's quality and the interactions other users have with it. So let's review some guidelines on optimizing your chances of being seen.
1. Pick a good username: If you’re not going to use your first and last name, try picking a username that makes you recognizable and memorable and that can grow with you.
Choosing a name that is strictly tied to a small niche will limit your content in the future when you inevitably grow and evolve. Make sure your username allows you to do so.
2. Create a high-quality profile: Choose a profile picture that represents you. Include a clear description of your brand and what followers can expect to see content-wise. This way you can show yourself to more people with similar interests.
3. Jump on the trending bandwagon: Constant TikTok trends are popping up all over the app. They seem to blow up overnight, and sometimes just as fast as they take over, they disappear.
Staying up to date with trending sounds and challenges is key to significantly growing your views. You don’t have to look far to find them either. Just spend some time scrolling through your discovery feed... You will undoubtedly stumble upon a few that you can implement in your content.
4. Keep your audience interested: You want viewers to watch most of, if not the entirety of, your videos. When this happens, the app is more likely to push your content to new viewers.
You have to capture your audience’s attention within the first three seconds of your video and then to include some sort of suspense or point of interest throughout to keep them watching.
Look to the high-performing TikToker’s in your niche for inspiration on how to effectively deliver your message. Study their highest engagement videos.
- What was the hook?
- What was the emotion displayed?
- Why was the video about?
- How long was it?
- What was the sound and transitions used?
- What was the call to action?
5. Know when to post videos: We have said it before and we will say it again, the best time for you to post on your unique channel is when the majority of your followers are scrolling in YOUR current timezone.
It will take you some time and research to figure this out, but it's important to do so. Look at your most successful posts. When did you upload them? Try posting around the same time and tweaking as needed.
6. Invite your followers to interact with you: You want your viewers to be engaged. Try creating an authentic community where you interact with your followers regularly.
You should ALWAYS include CTAs (calls to action) in your videos as well. People need to be told what you want them to do next. Invite your followers to start a discussion in the comments or even to DM you directly.
7. Use hashtags: Hashtags are extremely important in any social network. Using them in your TikToks will increase your visibility and bring you closer to your target audience. People often go overboard with the #hashtags, but just including 3-5 is a great spot to be in.
In our latest ebook, How To Go Viral On TikTok and Earn Exponential Growth, we outline all the best hash groups that are working RIGHT NOW.
8. Video length: In 2022, TikTok videos can be up to 10 minutes long. On average, however, you do NOT want to be uploading content that's longer than around 35 seconds.
Most highly viewed videos are between 24-35 seconds in length, so try to stay in that range until you experience significant growth, then feel free to test longer lengths.
9. Keep yourself updated: TikTok, like most social media, is ever-changing. So ake sure you are taking time to research trends and best practices.
10. Collaborate within your niche: Try to collaborate with other influencers or creators who have a similar audience to yours. By following these tips, you'll be on your way to getting more views on TikTok in no time.
So, what’s the deal? Why aren’t you getting the views and likes you want on TikTok? There are plenty of reasons why your content might not be resonating with viewers, but luckily there are also plenty of ways to fix it.
Time and effort are required to build any presence, so give yourself grace. We are cheering you on!
In our latest ebook, How To Go Viral On TikTok and Earn Exponential Growth, we outline all of the best practices for making your videos scale on this platform.
After analyzing ten of thousands of accounts, this high performance TikTok Growth strategy is something we have kept extremely close to the chest. We update this ebook every 3 months at minimum.
It is the exact framework needed to experience significant organic growth as quickly as possible on the platform. We cover everything in serious detail you need to know to start seeing success on this app.
If you’re ready to take your TikTok game up a notch, download our ebook now and get started!