Creating a memorable personal brand is not something that happens overnight, but the work you put into it can help you reach your career goals.
Your personal brand is the way people perceive or remember you. It’s what you are known for. Having a personal brand distinguishes you not only on social media but in the broader business world as well.
Whether you are trying to excel in your career as a content creator or be known for your business, a personal brand can help.
Creating a brand shows your values and highlights your strengths. It’s a way of expressing who you are and your long-term vision. When your personal brand aligns with you and your values, you attract people in your inner circle who you connect with both personally and professionally.
Create a free account to keep reading
Sign up access to these free premium features:
· News about algorithm changes
· Exclusive, platform knowledge
· Top tier brand negotiation tactics
· Learn how to master every platform
· Personal branding optimizations
Follow these steps as you grow your personal brand:
1. Start with a story
How did you get to where you are today? What’s the “why” behind your work? Who are you as a brand? These are just a fraction of the things you want to communicate to your audience. Reel them in with the story of you!
2. Create a brand promise.
A brand promise is a statement that communicates what followers can expect from you whenever they interact with your brand or company. Regardless of what your content is or what products you promote, what is the brand promise that will tie it all together?
It may sound basic, but doing research will help you get clear on who your brand is targeting, as well as the other brands in your industry that they follow. The research you do can create lifelong supporters.
- Who do you want to impact? Who do you want to receive your message?
- Which brands in your industry or niche does your audience already follow?
Get clear on these topics, and your brand will thrive.
4. Build your online presence
If you are a content creator, you likely already have started this step, but business professionals also need to build digital platforms. A few areas for your online presence include;
- Website: Your website is your digital storefront that tells people about what you offer. It could also be the archive for your blog content. Do you sell or promote something? Throw it on your website. Have a new podcast you’re releasing? Throw it on your website. Your website is a one-stop shop for all things related to your brand.
- Social Media Platforms: If you are a content creator, this is your bread and butter. Choose the platform of choice that will reach your target audience most effectively and get creative. Think of what message you want to portray. Let that guide your social media presence and content.
- Email: Sending newsletters into your follower’s inboxes helps build a personal connection. Even if they are mass emails (which they most likely will be), try and give them all a personal touch. Emailing is underrated, so don’t overlook it.
- The small details: Use headshots and graphics that convey your brand personality. Keep that personality in everything, including your email signature!
5. Think long-term
Thinking long-term helps you get crystal clear on where you want to take your brand. What is the purpose of your brand? How can building your personal brand help you in the long term? In what way does it align with your goals? When you know where you want to be, decide how you will get there. Then go do it!
Having a personal brand is key to success for anyone in the online world. As a content creator or business owner, you want your followers to know immediately who you are and what you promote just from your branding alone.
Creating a killer personal brand can take time and lots of effort, but the payoff is worth it. So, go out and be you. Let your brand grow and change with you. And watch as those doors open up to a world of opportunity and success.
Branding is the key that unlocks your dreams! Get to it!