Talk to almost any successful business owner, and they’ll tell you that a good morning routine is key to unlocking success. When becoming a well paid content creator, the same holds true!
Are you an aspiring influencer who is looking for ways to start your day off on the right foot? Then you're in luck! In this post, we will be discussing how to spend your morning for optimal success.
By following these simple tips, you can ensure that you are well-prepared for the day ahead.
Read on to learn more!
How to start your day
1. Wake up early. While you don’t have to be an early bird to get the elusive “worm,” it can help. Research shows that many successful people wake up well before the workday begins, and for many content creators, the same holds true.
Just think, how much could you get done with an extra hour before you even begin creating content? Or maybe you still work a 9-5. Getting up earlier in the day would give you the time you need to reach your goals as a content creator.
We get it, not everyone is a natural early riser. But you don’t have to be waking up at the actual crack of dawn to benefit from some extra time. Even having an extra 30 minutes for a morning routine can make a huge difference in your productivity. Having that “you time” can be a game changer.
So try going to bed a little earlier than usual, and give early rising a chance.
2. Be prepared. How long do you spend each day trying to figure out which tasks you should tackle first? Having a clear schedule set in advanced is key to true productivity.
Ideally, you want a plan for longterm and short term tasks. A content calendar is a great way of envisioning what will need to be done in the longterm. For short term tasks, take time at the end of each content creation session to layout what you will do first the next day.
3. Exercise. Ok bear with us! Exercise can do incredible things for the body and mind. Studies show that regular exercise increases your energy levels and strengthens your cognitive abilities. A few minutes of sweating before content creating can help you to clear your mind for the day ahead and reduce stress.
If you’re wondering how to use that extra thirty minutes you’ve added to your morning each day, a mini-workout could be just the thing. Follow up with a healthy breakfast to nourish your mind, kickstart your metabolism, and give you the energy you need to handle the day. While you’re add it, drink some cold water too. Huffington Post founder, Arianna Huffington, says she always starts her morning with a tall glass of water. Does it have anything to do with her success? We do not know… but at least you’ll be hydrated.
4. Do the toughest job first. Trying to plan your day to ensure success? Start with the most challenging task first. Some call this “eating the frog,” a term that comes from Mark Twain. Which basically means that you handle the thing you least want to do first.
If you overcome your biggest challenge first, then everything else you do will feel easier by comparison. Plus, tackling and accomplishing a challenge first thing is a great way to motivate yourself.
As the founding editor of Lifehacker.com, Gina Trapani, tells us, your mind is clear first thing in the morning, and you’re not getting distracted by other demands. This is your chance to get things done!
5. Get rid of distractions. If you’re going to seize the day like a successful influencer, you need to avoid distractions.
We know you have to spend time on social media as a creator, but try not to waste time mindlessly scrolling. Have a purpose if you’re online. If you do want to scroll in the morning, limit it to a set amount of time. We know it is far too easy to get lost in all the new content especially when we first wake up.
6. Brighten your space. Finally, if you’re struggling to start the day on the right note, brighten things up again. Turning on multiple lights around the home and opening your curtains will actively wake you up. It’s the best way to tell the brain that the day has started.
Natural light tells your body to stop producing melatonin – the hormone you need for sleep. Get outside and breathe in some fresh air if you can. Natural light and a fresh dose of the great outdoors will put you in an excellent mood for work. If you can’t quite make it outside, don’t panic. Brightening your indoors will help too.
Find Your Own Routine
Morning rituals are an important part of any creator’s day. They help you start your day off on the right foot and set the tone for the rest of your work. If you want to be successful, it’s important to find out what works for you and stick to it. Remember you are totally unique so what works for someone else may not be the best thing for you.
What are some of your favorite morning rituals? Let us know in the comments below or on our social media pages. And don’t forget to pick up a copy of our book, The Brand Partnership Bible, for more tips and tricks on how to create successful partnerships with brands.